Healthy Chicken Souvlaki
This tasty recipe is packed with protein and flavor to take the usual healthy chicken breast from everyday to exciting! Serve with a side salad and steamed veggies for a great family dinner.
- 1 1/2 lbs of skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- * we use the non-breaded chicken tenders and they turn out awesome
- 1 (6 ounce) container plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber – peeled, seeded, and grated
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- Optional: fresh dill to taste
Combine all marinade ingredients in large freezer bag, add chicken and coat well. Marinate for at least 2 hours and then grill.
Mix all ingredients and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours for flavors to blend.
Source: Manuela Bodner