Game Day Menu
- Skirt or flank steak, pounded thin
- Green pepper, sautéed
- Onion, sautéed
- Fajita seasoning
- Pound steak until thin.
- Place sautéed green pepper and onion on top
- Sprinkle with fajita seasoning
- Roll up and secure with toothpicks or cooking string.
- Place in iron skillet on top of grill to sear meat.
- Transfer meat to grill and cook to desired doneness.
- Slice into pinwheels and serve.
Low Carb Avocado Chips
- 1 ½ ripe Hass avocados
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ finely grated hard cheese, like Grana Pedana or Parmesan
- Zest of one lemon
- Black pepper
- Mix everything together well.
- Place teaspoon-sized dollops onto a parchment-lined baking tray, flatten into thin disks and bake for 15-17 minutes at 350°.
- The crisps should turn a golden color, but not too brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool and crisp.
- For a Mexican twist, add a dash of cumin and some chili powder.
Cauliflower Potato Salad
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2/3 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup dill pickles, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Steam cauliflower until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool slightly.
- Add yogurt, pickles, onion, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Toss to combine, ensuring the cauliflower is evenly coated. Taste and adjust seasoning. Fold in 1/3 cup each of scallions and dill. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle paprika and remaining herbs over the salad. Serve on top of lettuce leaves.