Many people who are candidates for weight loss surgery never get treatment because they are unsure if they qualify. At Alabama Surgical Associates we can help you determine if you are a candidate for weight loss surgery. Fill out our FREE Insurance Check and our experts will determine if your insurance covers weight loss surgery. If surgery isn’t right for you, but you’ve struggled to lose weight through diet and exercise alone, we also have non-surgical options that can help. We have affordable self-pay packages to put better health within reach. We offer comprehensive support and flexible scheduling. Contact us today if you have any questions about taking the first step.
Getting Here and Getting Around
The Huntsville International Airport is located close to downtown and offers non-stop service from many cities, including Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas and Washington, D.C. If you fly in we recommend renting a car during your stay so you can easily get to the clinic and explore the city. Taxi services are also offered throughout the city, as well as Lyft and Uber.
Car rental options available in Hunstsville, Alabama
Things to Do During Your Stay
Huntsville offers all the advantages you would expect from a major city, along with the welcoming charm of the south. If you’re traveling with family or friends, there are many local attractions and things to do in the area. Here are a few of our favorites:
- The U.S. Space and Rocket Center is one of the most popular destinations in Alabama – our nickname is “Rocket City”!
- The Huntsville Botanical Garden features largest open-air, seasonal butterfly house in the U.S.
- History buffs will enjoy the Weeden House Museum or the recreated 1819 Alabama Constitution Village
- The Huntsville Museum of Art features over 2,500 pieces in their permanent collection and also hosts a variety of traveling exhibitions
- Spend some time in the great outdoors at Monte Sano State Park or check out the waterfront at Ditto Landing. Nature lovers will also appreciate a visit to Wheeler Wildlife Refuge
- Check the schedule at the Von Braun Center for top notch entertainment during your stay. This multipurpose venue features comedy shows, concerts, plays, conventions and sporting events. You may want to check out a Huntsville Havoc game to see our favorite hockey team in action!
- Shoppers will delight in the abundant offerings at Bridge Street Town Centre
Where to Stay
We have many well rated hotels available for your stay:
South of Crestwood
Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South/Redstone Arsenal
301 Boulevard S SW, Huntsville, AL 35802
Hampton Inn Huntsville-Arsenal/South Parkway
501 Boulevard S SW, Huntsville, AL 35802
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Huntsville South
6000 Memorial Pkwy SW, Huntsville, AL 35802
Downtown Huntsville (Close to the Huntsville Hospital)
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Huntsville Downtown
745 Constellation Dr, Huntsville, AL 35801
Embassy Suites by Hilton Huntsville Hotel & Spa
800 Monroe St SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
Homewood Suites by Hilton® Huntsville-Downtown, AL
714 Gallatin St SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
Tourist Friendly Options
Huntsville Marriott at the Space & Rocket Center
5 Tranquility Base, Huntsville, AL 35805
The Westin Huntsville
6800 Governors W, Huntsville, AL 35806
Near the airport
Four Points by Sheraton Huntsville Airport
1000 Glenn Hearn Blvd SW, Huntsville, AL 35824
Weight Loss Surgery is a powerful tool, but maintaining weight loss and long-term health requires a commitment to lifestyle changes. Dr. Doucette is involved in the entire patient journey, not just what happens in the operating room. Traveling patients will have access to their surgeon, as well as our experienced dietitian, for virtual appointments and remote support after their procedure. Patients can also keep in touch via our online community on Facebook, where we offer recipes and tips for healthy living.
If you are considering weight loss surgery, the team at Alabama Surgical Associates is here to help. Contact us or call our office at (256) 880-1977 with any questions about weight loss options or planning your trip to Huntsville. We look forward to being part of your journey to better health!