Sautéed Creamy Green Beans
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, washed and ends trimmed
- 3 oz. feta cheese (don’t use fat-free cheese as it won’t melt well)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium white or yellow onions, sliced thin
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat frying pan or wok on medium heat.
2. Once pan has reached medium heat, add olive oil and swirl around to coat entire pan.
3. Add sliced onions and cook for 7-10 minutes or until they begin to brown and caramelize.
4. Add green beans and sauce until desired doneness, usually 10 minutes for al dente. To speed up cooking time, keep a lid on the pan.
5. Mix in feta cheese until the cheese begins to melt and creates a creamy sauce.
6. Season with salt and pepper if desired.