Crustless Asparagus Leek and Feta Quiche
This recipe was developed by Stacie Hassing.
- 2 tsp. butter
- ½ pound asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 leek, end and dark green top removed and white to light green parts roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or use the jarred kind)
- ½ cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 eggs or 2 cups Egg Beaters
- 2/3 cup skim or 1% milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Optional: fresh dill, chives or parsley
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 10-inch round baking dish (can use an 11×7 inch baking dish also). Set aside. In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tsp. butter on medium-high heat. Once hot, add asparagus, leeks and garlic to pan and sauté for 6-8 minutes. Transfer sautéed vegetables to the greased baking dish; spread out evenly. Crack the eggs in a medium bowl, add feta, milk, optional herbs, salt and pepper and whisk well. Pour eggs over the vegetables and cheese. Top with cracked black pepper. Bake in oven for 20-24 minutes or until the center is firm. Baking time will depend on the size of baking dish. Once cooked through, remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes before serving. Top with fresh dill, chives or parsley, if desired!