With the weather changing to fall, this is a simple and delicious soup to warm you up. The multiple variations included will provide variety to carry you through the cold months ahead. Enjoy!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2- 1 oz. wedges lite laughing cow cheese
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: fresh herbs, turkey bacon
Place all vegetables in a pot with broth, simmer until tender. Once cooled slightly, place all the cooked vegetables (or only half if a chunky texture is preferred) into a blender along with the broth and laughing cow cheese, blend until smooth. Return soup to the pot, season with salt and pepper, add more broth if needed for desired consistency.
*Variations: replace all or half the cauliflower with broccoli or yellow summer squash; add sautéed mushrooms, spinach, cooked seafood or chicken.