Stuffed Bell Peppers
Whether it’s a hearty family dinner or a quick weekday lunch, this versatile recipe is sure to become a staple in your kitchen!
- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 rib of celery, chopped
- 1 cup of broccoli, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 – 10 oz cans Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes for taste
- 6 bell peppers
- ½-1 cup of low-fat mozzarella shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, cook ground meat until cooked almost through. Add chopped celery, broccoli, onion, and garlic to skillet – cook until soft. Stir in the diced tomatoes and seasoning – let simmer for 10-15 minutes on medium-high heat. Cut off the tops of the peppers and remove the ribs and seeds. Place bell peppers in baking dish then fill peppers with the stuffing and sprinkle cheese on top. Add a small amount of water in bottom of baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until peppers are soft.