Skillet Egg Crust Pizza
Who doesn’t love PIZZA! Check out this month’s easy, healthy, egg-crust pizza recipe. This recipe is high in protein and low in carbs and fat making it a great breakfast or lunch option to keep you full all day long!
- 2 eggs
- 4 grape tomatoes
- 6 slices of turkey pepperoni (Hormel 70% less fat)
- 6 black olives &/or other vegetables *
- 1 oz. shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese or ¼ cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano or pizza seasoning to taste
Preheat broiler in oven. Break eggs into a small bowl and beat well along with salt & pepper to taste. Slice tomatoes, olives, and pepperoni slices in half. Heat an 8 inch non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Add the beaten eggs; cook until eggs are starting to set on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Top with half of the shredded cheese or cottage cheese, followed by tomatoes, pepperoni, olives, sprinkle with dried oregano or pizza seasoning and remaining cheese. Cover the pan and cook until the eggs are mostly set and cheese is starting to melt about 3-4 minutes. Remove the cover and place the pan under the broiler, cook until the cheese is melted and the top is starting to brown, about 2-3 minutes. Serve hot.
* Add more vegetables such as: spinach, mushrooms, asparagus, sweet or poblano peppers, etc.