Loaded Vegetable Chili
Need a recipe that will warm you up AND fill you up? Look no further than this loaded vegetable chili. Packed with nutrients from the veggies, flavor from the spices, and protein from the turkey and beans, this recipe is the perfect winter lunch or dinner!
· 1 lb lean ground turkey, chicken or beef
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 red bell pepper, diced
· 1 small zucchini, diced
· 1 small carrot, diced
· 1 packet of Chili Seasoning
· 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce (no sugar added)
· 1 (10 oz) can petite diced tomatoes (with or without green chilies)
· 1 (15 oz) can black or kidney beans
· ½ cup water
· salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot, add the lean ground meat, garlic, onions, bell peppers, zucchini, and carrots. Sauté until the meat is cooked. Then add the seasonings, tomato sauce, petite diced tomatoes, beans, and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Serve as is or with toppings such as avocado, cilantro, and low-fat shredded cheese.