Cheesy Cauliflower Nachos
Indulge in your favorite game day snack – WITHOUT compromising your diet!
- avocado oil cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 5 cups cauliflower florets, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1/2 cup fat free refried beans
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno, sliced (or pickled slices)
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red or green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (for easy clean-up).
- Slice cauliflower into 1/2-inch slices. Place cauliflower on baking sheet, spray with avocado oil.
- Then sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, chili powder and sea salt; toss to coat and space out the pieces so that they roast instead of steam.
- Bake 20 minutes, until cauliflower is tender and starting to brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven, push cauliflower together in the center of the pan. Top cauliflower with refried beans, cheese and jalapeño slices.
- Return to the oven and bake until the beans are heated through and the cheese has melted, about 6-7 minutes.
- Serve topped with plain nonfat Greek yogurt and extra veggies such as: chopped tomatoes, salsa, onion, sweet bell pepper, shredded lettuce, black olives, cilantro and avocado.
* Tip: this is also a way to repurpose leftover (shredded) chicken- just add along with the beans and cheese before the final bake.