Asian Lettuce Wraps
Indulge your tastebuds with our latest recipe: Asian Lettuce Wraps! This easy-to-make, low-maintenance dish will have you feeling like you’ve brought the restaurant to your very own home. Check out the full list of ingredients and cooking instructions below. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- 1 medium sweet Vidalia or yellow onion, diced
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Asian chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2-3 green onions, sliced into rounds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of butter lettuce or romaine lettuce
Using a large skillet over medium-high heat, add chicken – heat until chicken is cooked through. Stir intermittently to break up the chicken while cooking. Add the onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and chili garlic sauce. Stir to combine and cook for about 5 minutes or until onion is soft/translucent and most liquid has been absorbed. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the shredded carrots, water chestnuts, green onions, and salt and pepper to taste – cook for about 2 minutes or until tender. Spoon about ¼ cup of the mixture into the lettuce leaves to serve.